We understand that having a child in the hospital can be emotionally, spiritually and financially stressful. The Children's Hospital provides a variety of support services to help you
through this difficult time.
OU Medicine offers the following support group meetings and community education at no charge to the participants.
Parents of Children With Cancer
Day: Second Wednesday each month (only during the school year)
Where: The Jimmy Everest Center, OU Children's Physicians Building
Address: 1200 North Children’s Avenue (formerly Phillips Avenue), MRI 3000, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Who's Invited: Parents whose children have cancer
Contact: Danny Cavett, 405.271.5758
SibShops - Workshop for Siblings of Children with Disabilities/Special Needs
Day: First Saturday, every other month
Time: 10:30 a.m. (Ages 6-9), 10:00 a.m. (Ages 10-13)
Where: The Children's Hospital Cafeteria
Address: 1200 North Children’s Avenue (formerly Phillips Avenue), Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Who's Invited: Children, ages 6 to 13 who have siblings with special health care needs or disabilities
Contact: [email protected]
For more information, visit www.dsaco.org/sibshops.html
The Chaplains provide a wide and varied scope of service to and for patients, their families and hospital employees. Recognizing the stress and anxiety that often accompanies a hospital admission, Chaplains are available to patients and their families for support and affirmation. They are sensitive to the individual's cultural and spiritual traditions and needs. They provide Bibles and other spiritual literature, as well as prayer, communion, baptism upon request, and often assist in explaining to individuals Advanced Directives for Health Care or living wills.
Pastoral Care can be reached at 405.271.5758 or after hours
Often, financial counseling and arrangements are necessary prior to surgery. We have financial experts available Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm. If you have any questions regarding payment information, please call 405.271.4225.
For your billing convenience
- You will be asked to pay deductibles and estimated co-insurance prior to surgery.
- We will bill your insurance company as a courtesy. OU Medical Center cannot accept responsibility for collecting insurance claims or for negotiating settlements on disputed claims. You are responsible for any balance due.
- Payment will be requested from you unless your insurance company pays within 60 days.
- We will cooperate with third-party carriers when handling questions about your claim.
- We will provide you with the status reports regarding your account, in the form of monthly statements until the account is paid in-full.
- We accept Visa, Discover, American Express and MasterCard for payment.
- In the event of any overpayment, you will promptly be refunded the amount of the overpayment.
- Our goal is to have your account cleared in a timely manner that is satisfactory to you.